Tom Yum Soup, World Wide All-Time Favorite!
Thai food - Tom Yum Goong (Tom Yum Soup with Shrimp)
*1/2 pound medium sized shrimp(peeled and de-veined
*2 cups water
*6 pieces cut lemon grass (~2" long)
*4 small pieces galangal
*1 tbsp. tom yum soup paste
*2-8 crushed red/green chili peppers
*3 small red onions cut into quarters
*1 medium to large tomato
*10 straw mushrooms, whole
*1 1/2 tbsp. fish sauce
*3 tbsp. lemon juice
*1 tsp. white sugar
*4-6 kaffir lime leaves
*1/2 tsp. salt
*1/2 cup Chinese celery
1. Cut the lemongrass stalks into 2"pieces. Throw it in boiling water with galangal and chili peppers.
2. Add tom yum paste in it. Add more if you want it spicier.
3. Add lemon juice, sugar, fish sauce, tomato, mushroom, onion and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Now, add shrimp and cook for another 5 minutes. We don’t want the shrimps together hard as it is cooked for too long, 5 minutes is enough.
5. Throw Chinese celery, kaffir lime leaves and scallion. Then, turn off the fire. If you don’t like the taste or you’re not sure the taste will come out right, you should add fish sauce and lemon juice only little and by little and taste it until it has the right taste for you. So you get Thai food -Tom Yum Goong in your style , you see !! Thai food - Tom yum Goong it is easy for you .